Wednesday, January 3, 2007

un-frazzling


today my dad asked me over and over again, "what is wrong, honey?"

i could only respond, "i am frazzled."

i really don't know what is frazzled. several weeks ago, we flew to nyc to get away for a long weekend (a surpirse from matt for my birthday). we just spent the past 2 holiday weeks thoroughly enjoying our family and friends. we are healthy, as is everyone we love. we have a lovely home and a crazy dog that is calming down, finally. we live 2 blocks away from our work, which conveniences us to run home to use the restroom, if we want. we live anywhere from a 1 block to 6 block radius to the majority of our family members. did i mention that i married my childhood friend and soul mate 7 months ago? everything in our life is really alittle too good to be true.

when i am frazzled, the thing that brings me back is to do something alone. so, i just sent matt to a movie and then to the airport to pick up his brother from india. i decided to stay home alone to take a quick night nap. (i must be tired? i never do that?) i just woke up and heated up a smorgesborg of leftovers from our new year's eve party. then, i thought, to un-frazzle - - maybe i would start a journal in the same journal that i never completely filled 18 years ago. (i just found it upstairs last week in a box of stuff...). instead, i'll attempt a blog. it might only last several sessions. i never know.

snapfish is aggravatingly slow lately. maybe i can share pics on this instead. where is the spell check on this thing?
i'm just realizing as i type what could be frazzling me. i am so fortunate to go to work everyday with a father, brother, a sister, 3 brother-in-laws, one of my best friends, and a husband. some wonder how it works...how could that many members of a family work together? well. it just works. it just does. i cannot imagine enjoying or excelling at anything else. quite frankly, the job saved my life 10 years ago. anyway - - i am just realizing that i never really think about much other than work because i feel so passionately about it, it is our family's livelihood, and (what i am really trying to say) - we are a newly-wed couple that is together literally 24 hours a day. matt decompresses with painting and studio recording sessions and discovery channel marathons. i should go to the gym, but for now, i think i need a blog to un-frazzle. OTHER THAN JEANS will be the title, and this will be the last time work is mentioned. wow. i already feel better.

8 comments:

susan said...

i love it. NOW i might be the last one on earth without a blog. you are inspiring me...maybe you'll open up and get to read my blog called "diahrea" tomorrow night.

Pete (Bib# 70) Hagen said...

Can I run to your house to use the bathroom too?

The bathroom in the hallway at 511 is seriously lacking in privacy :)

kelle grogan said...

there must have been some serious carbon monoxide in the air last night. while waiting for the crowd to clear at the Y i fell asleep on the sofa. so did adam!
needless to say, we didn't make it to the Y!!

rhonda said...

oh my gosh!!!!!!! kelle, we have ANOTHER blog to stalk!! yeah!!! and i just LOVE reading your writing bc/ you express so much w/ your hand! I am truly getting inspired to have a blog too......hmmmmmmmmmmm what could i name it?

danielle said...

WOW. THis is my first time. I am a virgin blogger or blog visitor. Not really sure what it is yet. If it helps you unfrazzle then great. Snapfish has been fine here.We love you in Nashville.

Amy said...

Hi Carrie!! I am glad now that you are here..I can not only live vicariously through Milton and Lucy, but you too! Besides..Milton and Lucy don't do a lot of things that I want to aspire to! Okay Rhonda...get busy and write a blog! Love you guys..hope to get to Hendo soon. If you see a woman rolling down the road with a bunch of kids and a crazed look..you'll know I have arrived!

the redhead said...

o yes! i see you've joined us weirdos who have blogs. :) yeah. can't wait to read.

RedThree said...

Howyoudoing? Everybody, yes even you, needs "me" time. Keep writing and I'll keep reading.